Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 25, 2010

Haha thats funny about the kids praying for me, tell them they did their job right, haha this saturday an entire family is being baptized the Douglas family, their being baptised by their dad (probably, we're gonna invite him on wednesday) who I just ordained to be a priest this sunday, it's funny we found them and started talking to them, and at about the third lesson we had with them, the dad finally said, I was baptized when I was 10 years old... W-What?! I know right haha so he just hasn't gone to church his whole life, since he moved away from his uncle who he went to church with but they are completely active now and totally gung-ho about reading and being part of the church, did I tell you that in just a month and a half, or so, of us teaching them, they read all the way up to Alma 6 as a family? That's way impressive, wish my other investigators were that dedicated. Well, I'm excited for their baptism and so is the ward. We have others that are close, but none others on date yet, keep praying please


Well the cold weather has been starting, but only today was the first snow, so we got a average blizzard going on outside (which is why I thought it prudent to e-mail tonight instead of tomorrow morning, it's alot warmer haha) it's not so bad, but it's got a seriously biting wind, snow shards on a bike hurt like nothing else lemme tell you. But yeah, we are going to have to continue riding a bike... or walking... Bikes are faster, and if we don't want it to take 2 hours+ to get to some of our investigators we're going to have to bike to some of them, we'll just have to be careful about going downhill. It snows a decent amount in gillette, I dunno if I can say an actual number for you since it varies kinda wildly from year to year, but I should have almost a foot or so before I get transfered, so sleet will definitly be fun! haha........

I definitly could probably use more clothes, lots of my socks have holes in them, but I still have lots of pairs, I definitly need to find some kind of winter gear that works well on bikes... the mission rule is if were cold we need to put on suit coats, so my suit coat will probably be very covered in snow, the suit coat rule isn't so bad in car areas, in fact it's a good rule, but on bikes..... it's not gonna be so much fun haha, we'll figure it out. You sent me size 33 pants I believe. I really don't know what I want for Christmas, not really a lot of things that you need while your on a mission, I just gotta think of things to get to everyone else on Christmas which is the hard part.

Acutally for my year mark, I was going to burn an entire shirt and send it to you, but I got lazy and decided to do missionary work all day instead. I may eventually do it and just do it late, but I probably won't do the shirt burn haha. No I really didn't do anything special, just went about my day like normal, me and Elder Schneider just do the work, and thats our motivation, to just do the work every chance we get. I probably get on his nerves a lot, but I just want to get the work done and happening, I really don't want this area to fall stagnant again, and I hope that I can get a lot of work going on here for them to continue with after I leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment