Monday, August 30, 2010

Training a Greenie

The work is going all right, the kid I gave the shoes to came to church that week, but he hasn't been back since, his mom wants to be active again, they haven't been active for a long time since they have lived so far away from church. His step dad isn't so eager, but he just needs the motivation to make it happen. It's kind of upsetting that he hasn't come in a while, but honestly Satan knows how much we can help and is managed many different times to distract him in every way he can think of to keep him from progressing... Surprise!


We're teaching quite a few people, well at least much more then we used to, and hoping for the number to grow. The most interresting thing about this new upcoming transfer is Elder Flannery is gone, he's going to Sioux Falls to be with an Elder Ezelle, I've met him once and he had a motorcycle injury a few years ago and has suffered brain damage since, he's just a little slower and has short term memory loss so he'll forget if he told you something already, he's also way blunt and will say exactly whats on his mind, but he's such a funny elder.

Myself however, I am getting a greenie. So I Know Nothing. President hasn't even met him yet, thought I assume he will in about 4-5 hours or so. Tonight I should find out who my new missionary is that I'll be training. It'll be interresting, but with the way this area has turned around, i don't think it'll be a bad thing. As long as he's willing to work it'll be sweet.

There are 5 Sets of missionaries here in Gillette, 2 sisters 8 elders, with this new transfer we're gonna have 3 greenies, and one tripanionship with the Zone Leaders again, so we'll be up to 11 missionaries in Gillette, which is cool, I really don't see myself using up that entire resturant coupon on just me and my companion so we'll probably go out with another pair at some point when we both don't have a dinner. Actually... I bike always haha, I don't have a car in Gillette, it's not super bad, we never have to bike more then 40 minutes to get from one end of our area to the other. So no real complaints, our area stretches about 10 miles or so, East to west. Actually i was enjoying the summer here. I really didn't think it was all that hot here. It only got past 100 one time, and that was short lived. I enjoyed this summer and I'm not looking forward to Fall, because that means biking in the snow. Snow starts as early as October here. And I wont be leaving till probably November, So i'll get to bike in the snow for a while...
 
I'll be sure not to scare the greenie too much... But I will be sure to work him to death!


I'll be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment